Data Scientist Jobs in Canada
Canada’s data science positions are amongst the top in-demand digital occupations, as per the Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC). During the equivalent time frame, the ICTC estimates that need for technically skilled professionals in Canada should exceed 305,000. Let’s take a look at the top opportunities for data scientist in Canada.
Is it Possible to Work in Canada as a Data Scientist?
The job market for data scientists in Canada, or anywhere else in the world, has never really been better. Data scientists and data analytics specialists typically earn a good average compensation, in addition to a relatively luxurious work atmosphere.
Job Openings for Data Scientists in Canada
They include the following.
AI Data Scientist — Air Canada
Air Canada is looking for an AI Data Scientist. Becoming a member of Air Canada means joining a renowned Canadian emblem that was recently named the #1 airline in North America. Take part their diversified and lively organization at the forefront of passenger aviation to push your profession to new heights.
As a Data Scientist at Air Canada, you’ll be in charge of the analytical scope and technique for projects, employing mathematics, statistics, algorithms, and industry expertise to draw structure and knowledge from raw data. Data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and the development of high-quality prediction systems combined with other goods and services will be your central priority.
- Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, or Mathematics at the master’s or doctoral level.
- 5–9 years of professional experience as a data scientist or in a related role Knowledge of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Familiarity with common data science toolkits including Scikit-Learn, XGBoost, Numpy, fbprophet, and others
- Working knowledge of how to use data science methodologies to business challenges
Apply at https://careers.aircanada.com/jobs/7829196-data-scientist-ai?tm job=26364 to be considered for this position.
Data Scientist — Equifax
Equifax is searching for a Data Scientist with prior expertise to expand its Canadian workforce. As a Data Scientist at Equifax, you’ll collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop novel decision science models and characteristics that enjoy the benefits of Equifax’s comprehensive data assets.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a mathematical area such as engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics, or physics is required (essential)
- 5+ years of Data Science experience in a large data environment, including expert understanding of R, Python, SAS, or SQL
- Competence developing and applying sophisticated machine learning techniques and statistics for at least 5 years.
- Practical learning experience that has been proven.
The application link for this position is https://careers.equifax.com/global/en/job/EQUIGLOBALJ00128140ENGLOBAL/Data-Scientist.
RES O 27R – Data Scientist — BC Public Service
The Data Scientist for the Archaeology Branch is a problem-solving specialist who will oversee the advancement of FLNR’s Geographic information system archaeological forecasting models around British Columbia. This job will be responsible for developing models in collaboration with other provincial agencies and Indigenous communities.
- To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher in Archaeology, Anthropology, Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, statistics, or a relevant subject, plus at least 3 years of experience in the related field*; OR a diploma in Archaeology, Anthropology, Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, statistics, or a related field, plus at least 4 years of related experience*; OR certification from a recognized institution in Archaeology, Anthropology, Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, statistics, or a related
Use the following URL to apply for this job: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/81333
What’s the Pay Rate for Data Scientist in Canada?
In Canada, the typical data scientist income is $95,000 per year ($48.72 per hour). The starting salary for entry jobs is $76,836 per year, with many of the experienced individuals earning up to $137,025 annually.
That’s the size of this article!