If Letting go is hard for you, this means that freeing yourself from some things you hold so dearly in the past.
These things have become a part of you, maybe of what makes you who you are today.
But I will show you 12 simple ways of letting that special someone you love to go in any circumstances that might have to happen.
When should you let go of someone you love?
You let go of someone you love. If they consistently hurt you without determining to change or your loved ones consistently don’t care about your feelings even when your need is not met, then you need to let them go.
12 ways of letting Someone You Love Go
1. Decide whether the relationship is worth it.
According to Wendy M. Yoder, PhD., in her writing, he encouraged people to alleviate relationship worries by leveling with themselves honestly. That’s asking if the relationship is worth it or not.
You need to be sincere to yourself and stop being clouded by love. Asking if the two of you are perfect with each other after considering what has happened so far will help you decide if you truly need to let your partner go.
2. It takes a process of time.
Understand that this process of letting go is painful enough, and it takes a process of time, but beating yourself up for not doing it right immediately, doubles your suffering.
Letting go becomes a rollercoaster of intense grief, self-doubt, and fear. The only way out is through the pains. That’s allowing yourself to go through it slowly and soon enough overcome it.
3. Identify a limiting belief
“I could never be alone” or “I’ll never find someone else who will love me” constantly will run through your mind. I know it does; I am saying it out of the experience.
But understand that these all are not facts, they are limiting belief, and while beliefs have the power to build your world or destroy it, you have the power to transform them.
4. Cut off contact
The first thing to do in letting go of someone you truly love is cutting off all contacts. This is a prerequisite.
You’ll never be able to recover if you keep such a person who hurt you so close at hand. Remove their phone numbers, contact information, pictures, and anything else that’s directly connected to them.
Cutting contact is not necessarily gonna be physical, but emotional too. Now picture the person you’re trying to let go of far enough away that you no longer feel them emotionally.
This will create a distance much like separation. You imagine their energy away from you, which gives you your energy back to live.
5. Allowed yourself to feel the grief of the lost
Your feelings won’t vanish automatically into thin air simply because you’re running from them.
So it would help if you acknowledged the way you truly feel or the way your lost lover felt about you instead of trying to restrain them.
An expert says, “Once you express your feelings to yourself, you’ll know exactly what you have to deal with. Is this something temporary, or your unreciprocated love for this person is deeper than that?” that means admitting your feelings makes it easier to overcome it.
A problem shared is problem-solving. When it comes to an emotional breakup, holding your feelings inside only keeps you stuck and can eventually turn into anxiety or even develop into depression.
Talk to a caring friend, family member, or therapist about how you are feeling and let them be there for you always. These people will help you recognize an unhealthy relationship and keep you from continuing to go back to that person.
7. Invest in yourself
The time of letting go and moving on from a relationship can be stressful and lonely. So this is not the time to beat yourself up or ignore your important need.
When you practice investing in yourself by falling in love with yourself, you’ll heal more completely and perhaps be better than you were before the relationship even started.
This will help you not to fight over the pains anymore but to honor them. At least studies have shown that a good cry can release anxiety and helps to bring you back to the center.
8. Stop blaming yourself.
Letting go of someone you love doesn’t mean you have to go against the truth, but don’t let it influence your progress. Human nature is to point the finger at someone else or past incidents instead of ourselves when they’re hurt.
If you want to fight back, don’t blame yourself or your ex. That will not get you anywhere. It will only put you in a position that leaves you feeling worthless of loving again.
9. Stop fantasizing
This is a process in your brain that will be trying to keep you away from the pain. Stop these feelings right away so that you’ll maintain clarity. But it’s important to give yourself a reality check and consider that this is a natural part of the healing process.
Don’t let yourself into thinking what would happen if you forgive each other. You already know what happened, and there’s no point in getting back together. People let go all the time, and it turns out to be the best thing for both of them.
10. Have high hope for the future.
Despite how tough it may seem, I determine to never give up on finding new love in the future. While your ex may have let you down, hurt you, and bruise your heart completely, it’s especially essential in times like these to remember how strong you are.
Letting go of someone is an act of real courage and strength, as you’re proving to yourself that there’s someone else out there who is more worthy of your love and care.
11. Make peace with the past.
Maybe you’re at fault that you weren’t the best partner you could be; maybe you’re still guilty about wanting to end the relationship.
But Despite all these feelings, always remind yourself that there is also a part of you that wishes to let go of this person and move on in the midst of love and happiness.
No matter how fond you are of them, there is a stronger, smarter part of you that knows it’s time to move forward.
12. Get to meet new people.
Meeting new people will help you forget about some issues. Don’t throw yourself on the bed and sink into the anxiety of letting go.
I’m not saying you have to fall in love again really quickly soon. But get out of there and don’t be afraid to meet new people. It will be a small step on a long journey of full recovery.
Other things you must know about letting Someone You Love Go
Is it true if you love someone, let them go?
Absolutely yes, but this happens when you have a definite reason for letting them go. Let see, in a breakup, and you’ll certainly have a choice, won’t you? Would you try forcing someone to stay in your life when they don’t want to? Or would you let them go?
Is it hard to let go of someone you love?
No matter what the case may be, letting go of someone you love is very hard. I even believe there is nothing harder than that. Whether by passing away or by a breakup, it doesn’t happen easily. You might avoid letting go due to the pains, or you don’t just know how to initiate.
How do you let someone go emotionally?
Here are how to let someone go emotionally.
- Find a solid Reason.
- Start leaving gradually.
- Occupied your mind with something productive.
- Make other relationships important.
- Look unto the future.
How do you let someone you love go?
Though it is hard, this is how to let go of someone you love;
- Make a firm decision on whether to let go.
- Cut off some unnecessary relationships.
- Invest in yourself
- Lean of family and friends.
- Separate yourself emotionally from them
When to let someone you love go
Here are some circumstances that can warrant you letting someone you love to go;
- When your needs are not met.
- When you’re afraid to ask your partner for your need.
- Your friends and family do not support the relationship.
- You feel constrained to stay with your partner
When you love someone, let them go quotes
- if you love someone, kindly let them go
- there are far better things ahead than the ones we let behind
- Sometimes two people need to fall apart to realize how much they meant to each other.
- Accept yourself, love yourself and keep moving.
- Letting go means coming to the consciousness that some people are a part of you.
- Even if you have wings, you have to give up what weighs you down if you want to fly.
- Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on and allow your tears to water the seeds of your future happiness.
- I realized there’s something exceedingly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
- One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life is right after a break-up.
- Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone you’re letting go of anymore. It just realizes that the only person you have control over is yourself.
- I destroy my bridges behind me; therefore, there is no choice to go back but to move forward.”
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- I am not what happened to me, and I am just exactly what I choose to become.
- Letting go isn’t a one-time thing; it’s a daily process you have to do over and over again.
- If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can certainly survive without them.
Can you let go of someone you love?
Yes, but it is base on the individual. Letting go and moving on are significant parts of a relationship.
Life is too short to hate someone just because they don’t love me anymore; no. At one point in time, I was the one that wanted them the most.
So I have to let go if it warrants.
Is it better to let go of someone you love
Letting go of someone you love is often the better answer; you leave because you love yourself.
What you reason into your decision to stay or go is not how you feel about them. It’s how you feel about yourself.
How to know when to let someone you love go
Here are how to know when to let go of someone you love;
• When you feel you’re manipulated
• When you’re emotionally abused
• When friends and family disapprove of the relationship.
• When the person you love is acting selfishly
• When you become an inconvenience
Letting someone you love go so they can be happy
Yes. In fact, one of the best things you can do for the person you love is to let them go.
I know it’s not easy, but there is no point in holding somebody back. It will just cause the relationship to become sour, and you will both start regretting it.
If their happiness is not meant to be with you, how can you let them be sad by staying?
Letting go of someone you love messages
- It’s time to let go when they stop looking at you, they stop seeing you, and you know they stopped caring.
- There’s nothing else left for you in that world, so let go and move on
- Embracing the memories and then turn to the future at the same time is the way to let go.
- The past is all that has kept you tied to unattained promises and desires, so what you need to do is to find new desires and let the old ones fade.
- It’s good to fight to keep them around because of the time and the love you shared, but there’s a lot more loving in letting people go.
- There must be an ending for everything that has a beginning, so when you see the finish line, don’t hold on tenaciously to the race. Just let go.
- When you let go of the past, you learn a lesson to guide your next step to the future. Letting go shows that you are really stronger than your past.
- While we can’t control the amount of love and affection we give to some persons in our life, we can learn to let go when it’s time. Though It hurts, it’s for the best.
- Even trees and leaves let go of each other during the winter. You can always move on and let things go your way. always remember, you are more powerful than you think
- When you let go, you move forward.
You have got to throw away the old one for the new one to fit in.
- Forgive yourself for letting go and prepare for the best things ahead.
How to let someone go that matters a lot to you
- Separate from the person.
- Understand your self-worth.
- Know your reasons.
- Stop having fantasies about them.
- Reconnect with your values.
- Letting go of the love of your life
I know letting go of the love of your life is hard but waking up every day without seeing them is harder. But the way to know how hard you have become after letting go of the love of your life is to see how well you’re letting go of all the hurt and pains of life.
How to let go of someone you love who can’t be with you
This is the following way to let go of someone you love but can’t be with you;
- Please don’t give yourself time, but allow it to go slowly.
- I look forward to what lies ahead.
- Allowed your heart to express its grieve.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Don’t hold grudges but talk it out.
Letting go of someone you never had
Yes, you can let go of someone you never had freely by practicing this thing I am sharing below;
- Stop saying it was a wrong time to have a fall in love
- Serve yourself from more guilt by stopping to checking on them.
- Let Yourself Be Sad for a while.
- Make an open list of what you liked and disliked about them.
How to let go of someone you love quotes
- If you love someone so dearly, let them go. If they certainly come back, it was meant to be yours, but if they don’t, they never were.
- The fact why you won’t let go of who is making you sad is because they were only the people that made you happy.
- Sometimes we need to let what is killing us even though it is killing us to let it go.
- If you create some space in your heart and they ignore it, let them go. If the two of you were meant to be in the future, you would surely reunite.
- Is it really hard to let go of someone you love, but it’s hard to get hurt by knowing you will never be together again.
- You love him enough to let him leave; now you need to love yourself so much to let him go.
- If you love someone…. live it, show it, speak it, be it…. But if you don’t feel motivated to show your love in these multidimensional ways, be kind enough to let them go so that they can find someone who will.
How to let go of someone you love who doesn’t love you.
She doesn’t love you back; this is how to let her go;
- Ask yourself how resolute you are to do this.
- Acknowledge the truth of her not loving you.
- Please make a list and refer to it often.
- Cut him off from your contact.
- Believe that you will find another love.
- Get back out there.
Letting go of a relationship
- Recognize the Problem.
- Allow Yourself to Feel.
- Discover the Lesson you have been taught.
- Create Separation with them.
- Let go of the memories you once enjoyed.
- Cease to cloud your mind with it.